Initial Public Relations Strategies
Each Plan is Individually Customized to Meet a Client's Needs
Research and Strategy Development
- Identify primary and secondary markets.
- Become familiar with product materials and current strategy.
- Develop an over-all strategy for product/service and/or corporation.
- Research and develop target lists for print and broadcast media,
- May Include:
- Primary and secondary market trade publications
- Regional publications
- News organizations (dailies, financial and magazines)
- Network and cable television
- Create and/or update media kits:
- Press Releases
- Product fact sheets
- Executive biographies
- Other elements dependent upon industry and competitve standards
- Contact target media list
- Distribute press releases and follow-up with editors.
- Research and develop editorial opportunity styories by publication issue and date.
- Array to provide evaluation copies of products and follow-up.
- "Pitch" the editors by setting up interviews and developing story angles.
- Schedule media tours.
- Set-up trade-show interviews when appropriate.
Extended List of Services
Research and Strategy Development Continued
- Repeat initial strategy for New Products or Services.
- Repeat initial strategy and extend service process with secondary market.
- Repeat initial strategy and extended service process with international markets.
Materials Development Continued
- Reprint selected articles, repeat appropriately as articles are published and distribute them with other new or selected marketing materials.
- Create and distribute follow-up press releases to keep product/service/company name familiar.
Media Relations Continued
- Promote editors' relationships with company spokesperson.
- Attend scheduled press tours, including pre-attendance reviews and confirmations, smoothing the way with editors on-site and following up with requested materials, etc.
- Follow-up to opportunistic pieces.
- Includes product roundups and side-by-side comparisons.
- Follow-up with media direct coverage based on interviews.
- Continue pitching story angles and draft byline stories.
- Develop speaker and panel discussion opportunities for company spokesperson.
- Submit product and lobby for industry, media and trade show awards.
- Create, implement or coordinate public relations events
- Event Sponsorship
- Provide Marketing Services as needed including:
- Campaign concepts
- Graphic design
- Product packaging
- Website strategie
- Other elements dependent upon industry and competitive standards